Clerk to the Parish
Council: Julie Holland
2 Lindy Close, Kinoulton, Nottingham, NG12 3RD Telephone:01949 823902 Email: email@example.com
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 5th September 7.00pm
Hickling Parish Council will be holding a meeting on Tuesday 5th September 2023 in the Village Hall, commencing at 7.00pm. The agenda is outlined below, items received after the publication of this agenda may be considered at the meeting if an urgent decision is required.
- Election of rotating chairperson, to sign the declaration of office prior to opening of the meeting.
Update from NALC: Public do not have a right to participate in meetings.
Legal Topic Note 5 – most councils have an agenda item for members of the public to address concerns, queries, raise questions etc. Once this has been completed the PC then goes back to their agenda. The public session then ceases and the public can stay and observe the rest of the meeting or leave. The public are not allowed to ask questions or interrupt the PC meeting once the PC has moved on to the next item.
- Declarations of Interest.
- Acceptance of minutes of the meeting held on 25th July, 2023.
- Open session to address matters raised by the public, limited to 15 minutes.
- Planning Applications
Reference Number: 23/01411/FUL
Development: Erection of detached timber frame garage building.
Location: Glebe Farm Cottage Main Street Hickling Nottinghamshire LE14 3AQ Deadline for determination – 19th September.
7. Decision Notices:
Reference No: 23/01323/FUL
Development: Proposed two storey front and side extension and single storey rear extension, extend existing raised rear patio. Existing roof to be replaced and ridge height raised includes 4no. front dormers. Alteration to existing eaves. Alteration of existing front box dormers to ridged dormers.
Existing side extension to be demolished. Application of Cedral cladding and render. Air source unit to side elevation.
Location: Quorn House Folly Hall Lane Hickling Pastures Nottinghamshire LE14 3QB
Reference No: 23/01382/NMA
Development: Non material amendment of planning application 22/02005/FUL to amend the wording of Condition 4 tied to the Full Planning Permission, to enable the existing Grain Store to be dismantled, demolished and area cleared BEFORE the condition is formally discharged.
Location: The Limes Farm Cropwell Road Langar Nottinghamshire NG13 9HD
8. Portfolio Group Reports:
Finance and Administration – Cllr Prosser
- – ACV – the Plough Inn, update
- – Conservation Area Appraisal
- – Parish Council 2 x vacancies.
- – National Effort to Protect Neighbourhood Development Plans, please see associated paper.
- – Path clearance, side of Village Hall – two tenders received.
- – Lengthsman Scheme, please see associated paper.
Environment – Cllr Green & Playle
- – RBC Community Tree Scheme, update
- – Footpath between Kinoulton and Hickling (Kinoulton PC)
Highways and Street Furniture – Cllr Rowe
- – Noticeboard relocation – permit issued; Parish Council need to approve quotation of
£200 for the repositioning.
- – Priority ‘Give Way’ Bridegate Lane – speed reducing measure
- – Cemetery – denotation of unconsecrated area of parish cemetery, update (Cllr
- – Cemetery – damage to a planter on a grave
- – Cemetery – Black Poplar (WI) tree, update on replacement cost (Cllr Playle).
- – Walkers’ Green Annual inspection, update on action points.
September inspection – volunteer required.
– Cllr Prosser
– Annual Risk Assessment: Cllr Prosser has completed the risk assessment – suggested works, as per associated paper.
– Walkers’ Green cradle swing seat – funding update (Cllr Green).
Community Engagement – Cllr Green & Cllr Lamb
– Item D-DAY 80 – 6th June 2024 – carried over from July’s meeting, see associated
– Website, update.
9. Ward Members Reports.
Update from Cllrs’ Cottee and Combellack.
- A) Balance of accounts – 30.08.2023:
Current Account £ 15,467.77
Reserve Account £ 3,861.19
B) Payments due :-
See attached document
11. Items from members for the next agenda, please note October’s meeting will need to be moved, date to be confirmed.
Date of next meetings: 14th November, 19th December.
To: Cllrs: Green, Lamb, Playle, Prosser and Rowe. Also, NC Cllr Cottee & Borough Cllr Combellack. Published 30.08.2023